Last blog articles
Search on blog
Starken Courier in PrestaShop
Categories : Carriers and Shipping
For some years now, traditional commerce has evolved rapidly thanks to the introduction of information technologies in the area of purchase and sale of products. E-commerce has become the main objective of multiple companies and has reduced the gap between large and small merchants.
Building an e-commerce site is a titanic task. Several business models, dozens of platforms with shopping cart functionalities, dozens of methods for logistics and payments. But in all cases there is a common factor: hundreds of buyers need to buy their products from any device, place and time of day.
PrestaShop stands out among the variety of platforms. Extended system available in 65 languages, present in more than 160 countries and with more than 250 thousand online stores installed. In the specific case of Chile, which holds the third position in all Latin America in terms of volume of sales by electronic commerce and has the highest growth in the last three years, PrestaShop is the first choice of traders. Its download is free, it is flexible, the installation is completely independent and it has a system to add functionalities that is based on modules, which makes it one of the most interesting platforms of the medium. To confirm: Chile has more than 200 registered domains that have been built with PrestaShop.
In electronic commerce, logistics is a primary component. The transportation service is the one that deals with taking the product purchased by the customer to their hands quickly and safely. Starken, a Chilean company whose history goes back more than 40 years of experience in the market, stands out in this area, being one of the companies with the largest portfolio of services. In 2010 Tur Bus decided to make a total change of image to reflect the changes and sustained growth, as well as the incorporation of new products and services, state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology, deciding to change the name to Starken. This company, whose slogan is "delivery in each delivery", is definitely consolidated among Chilean couriers.
Originated by the growing requests of Chilean vendors to have instruments to integrate with transport services, in October of 2017 the first version of the Starken module for PrestaShop was launched. The module offers an integration with Starken's real-time quote services, including the following functions:
- Calculation of shipping costs in real time through the Starken webservice.
- Normalization of the cities of all customer addresses that belong to Chile.
- In the address form, the entry of the City field uses a self-completion with all the cities / communes of Chile to avoid incorrect entries, since the shipping cost is 100% based on them.
- Use of cache in the results to improve the loading speed in the site and do cost calculation only when there is a change in the shopping cart.
- Compatibility with orders generated directly from the Back Office.
- Option to perform shipping costs calculations only on the order confirmation page, with the purpose of improving the navigation performance of the site.
- Option to specify the city / town of origin for shipments.
- Determination of shipping cost in 3 different ways:
- Based on weight and a cubic volume.
- Based on weight and an optimized three-dimensional volume, which simulates the packaging of all products in a 3D box.
- Option to establish custom dimensions to your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish a custom weight for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish an impact (increase or reduction) on the cost of the shipment before showing it to the client.
- Compatibility with multi-currency.
- Compatibility with multi-store.
The module gives the buyer the security of knowing the shipping price in real time based on the products of the shopping cart and the destination address, forging a confidence that facilitates the confirmation of the sale. Its installation is intuitive and easy to use, so your online store will have a carrier whose performance and verified quality are a required solution for Chilean electronic commerce. With the Starken module for PrestaShop, Rolige offers an integration alternative with a local courier ready to start using, without having to have a business account and which can be trusted without any doubt.