Starken (Turbus) Module for PrestaShop
Calculates real-time shipping costs through the Starken (Turbus) online quote based on the origin and destination address, and the products added to the shopping cart. It also shows the estimated delivery times based on the moment of calculation.
Benefits for Merchants
- Trusted shipping costs obtained directly from Starken, with different variants or types of services available.
- All cities addresses registered by the customer and belonging to Chile, will have a normalized format.
- In case your products do not have dimensions or weight, the module allows you to set dimensions and weight of customized products to calculate the shipping costs.
- Option to add an impact or adjustment to the shipping costs displayed by the carrier before showing it to the customer.
- Improve the shopping experience by allowing you to show estimated delivery times.
- Simple configuration focused on obtaining accurate and adjusted shipping costs for your business model.
- No contract with the supplier is required at this time to make use of this module.
- All our developments are certified by PrestaShop.
- We are PrestaShop Partner Agency and Superhero Top Developer.
- Support warranty in the module's bugs.
- We can customize the module or make the necessary modifications. Contact us to request an estimate.
- Calculates shipping costs in real time through the Starken online quote service.
- Use of cache in the results to improve the loading speed of the site and to make calculation of the costs only when there is a change in the shopping cart.
- Normalizes the cities of all customers belonging to the country of Chile.
- In the address form, the entry of a City uses an autocomplete with all the cities/communes of Chile to avoid any incorrect entries, since the cost of shipping is 100% based on them.
- Compatible with orders generated directly from the Back Office.
- Option to perform shipping cost calculations only on the order confirmation page to improve site navigation performance.
- Option to specify the city/commune of origin for shipments.
- Shipping cost can be determined in 2 different ways:
- Based on weight and cubic volume.
- Based on weight and an optimized three-dimensional volume, which simulates the packaging of all products in a 3D box.
- Option to set custom dimensions for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish a custom weight for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option that allows you to establish an impact on the cost of shipping before showing it to the customer.
- Option to show estimated delivery times at checkout in each of the available services, with multiple customization options that will allow you to provide even more accurate estimated times.
- Multi-currency compatible
- Multi-Store Compatible
- Full and detailed documentation.
Benefits for customers
- Knowing the cost of shipping in real time based on the products of the shopping cart and the delivery address, as well as knowing at the time the estimated delivery times, undoubtedly generates greater confidence to the customer and helps closing the sale.
- Reduce communication time with the store manager.
- It has a greater list of options for shipping services.
The installation is completely automated and intuitive, the first form aims to normalize all cities/communes in the addresses of the customers that belong to Chile, in order to obtain valid shipping costs. The module will try to normalize as many addresses as possible, the rest must be modified manually.
- It is mandatory that your products have specified dimensions and weight in the Shipping tab within the product editor, or that you use the module options to consider these custom values at the time of calculation.
- The quote system only works for addresses in Chile.
Q). Do I need credentials provided by Starken to use this module?
A). No, as of right now Starken does not require credentials to make use of the online quoting service.
Q). Is it necessary to load states or cities in order for the module to work?
A). No, the module already contains more than 700 cities/communes.
Q). Does it work with other currencies?
A). Yes, but your store MUST have the Chilean peso (CLP) as a currency installed.
Q). Are all prices updated?
A). Yes, all prices and costs are obtained directly from Starken's online quoting service in real time.
Q). Is the module compatible with the modules Chilexpress and Correos Chile?
A). Yes, it is completely compatible with the versions indicated below...
- Chilexpress 1.4.1 and newer.
- Correos Chile version 1.0.0 and newer.