The traditional commerce began to change some years ago from the irruption of information technologies in the field of buying and selling goods and services. The majority of companies invest more and more resources in the so-called electronic commerce, which has closed the gap between large and small merchants. Definitely electronic commerce is here to stay.
The task of implementing an e-commerce site can be a challenge. Dozens of business models and platforms designed to fulfill the functions of a shopping cart, hundreds of payment methods and logistics, each with its advantages and disadvantages. But there is always a common element: thousands of customers interested in acquiring the products they need from the comfort of their mobile device or the comfort of their home.
Particularly PrestaShop stands out in this amalgam of platforms. Popular system present in more than 160 countries, available in 65 languages and with more than 300 thousand online stores installed. In the particular case of Chile , which ranks third in Latin America in terms of sales by electronic commerce and recorded the highest growth in the last 2 years in the area, PrestaShop has been the preferred of the traders. Its free installation, flexibility, autonomy and system of additional functionalities based on extensions or independent modules make it one of the most attractive platforms in the sector. More than 200 registered domains in Chile built with PrestaShop confirm it.
In electronic commerce, logistics is a fundamental element. In particular, the transportation service which is responsible for getting the product purchased by the customer to their hands quickly and safely. With more than 25 years of experience in the sector, Chilexpress stands out. This 100% Chilean company has proven to provide quality services and excellence, and has been able to make its way into the highly competitive transport market providing its customers with a wide range of services. Its web platform www.chilexpress.cl allows for quotes, generation, online tracking or tracking of shipments, billing, among others. They even have a mobile application.
Motivated by the growing demand of Chilean merchants to have tools to facilitate integration with transport services, in March 2017 the first version of the Chilexpress module for PrestaShop was launched. The module provides a real-time integration with the quote services of Chilexpress making possible the realization of the following functions:
- Calculation of shipping costs in real time through the Chilexpress webservice.
- Normalization of the cities of all customer addresses that belong to Chile.
- In the address form, the entry of the City field uses a self-completion with all the cities / communes of Chile to avoid incorrect entries, since the shipping cost is 100% based on them.
- Use of cache in the results to improve the loading speed in the site and do cost calculation only when there is a change in the shopping cart.
- Compatibility with orders generated directly from the Back Office.
- Option to perform shipping costs calculations only on the order confirmation page, with the purpose of improving the navigation performance of the site.
- Option to specify the city / town of origin for shipments.
- Determination of shipping cost in 3 different ways:
- Based on weight.
- Based on weight and a cubic volume.
- Based on weight and an optimized three-dimensional volume, which simulates the packaging of all products in a 3D box.
- Option to establish custom dimensions to your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish a custom weight for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish an impact (increase or reduction) on the cost of the shipment before showing it to the client.
- Compatibility with multi-currency.
- Compatibility with multi-store.
The module gives the buyer the certainty of knowing the cost of shipping in real time based on the products of the shopping cart and the delivery address, which generates greater confidence and helps to close the sale. With an intuitive and easy-to-use installation, your online store will have a transporter whose proven performance and quality are an almost mandatory option for your Chilean e-commerce store. With the Chilexpress module for PrestaShop, Rolige offers an integration option with a local courier with which you will not even need a business account to start using and that you can definitely trust.
Module for PrestaShop that allows you to calculate real-time shipping costs through the webservice of Chilexpress based on the origin and destination address, and the products added to the shopping cart. It also shows the estimated delivery times based on the moment of calculation.