Correos Chile Module for PrestaShop
Calculates real-time shipping costs through the Correos Chile online quote based on the origin and destination address, dimensions and weight of products added to the shopping cart.
Benefits for Merchants
- Trusted shipping costs obtained directly from Correos Chile, with different variants or types of services available.
- All cities addresses registered by the customer and belonging to Chile, will have a normalized format.
- In case your products do not have dimensions or weight, the module allows you to set dimensions and weight of customized products to calculate the shipping costs.
- Option to add an impact or adjustment to the shipping costs displayed by the carrier before showing it to the customer.
- Simple configuration focused on obtaining accurate and adjusted shipping costs for your business model.
- No contract with the supplier is required at this time to make use of this module.
- No override files are required for proper functionality of the module.
- All our developments are certified by PrestaShop.
- Support warranty in the module's bugs.
- We can customize the module or make the necessary modifications. Contact us to request an estimate.
- Calculates shipping costs in real time through the Correos Chile online quote service.
- Use of cache in the results to improve the loading speed of the site and to make calculation of the costs only when there is a change in the shopping cart.
- Normalizes the cities of all customers belonging to the country of Chile.
- In the address form, the entry of a City uses an autocomplete with all the cities/communes of Chile to avoid any incorrect entries, since the cost of shipping is 100% based on them.
- Compatible with orders generated directly from the Back Office.
- Option to perform shipping cost calculations only on the order confirmation page to improve site navigation performance.
- Option to specify the city/commune of origin for shipments.
- Shipping cost can be determined in 2 different ways:
- Based on weight and cubic volume.
- Based on weight and an optimized three-dimensional volume, which simulates the packaging of all products in a 3D box.
- Option to set custom dimensions for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option to establish a custom weight for your products to be used when calculating shipping costs.
- Option that allows you to establish an impact on the cost of shipping before showing it to the customer.
- Multi-currency compatible
- Multi-Store Compatible
- Full and detailed documentation.
Benefits for customers
- Know the cost of shipping in real time based on the products of the shopping cart and the delivery address, this generates greater confidence to the customer and helps to close the sale.
- Reduces communication time with store manager.
The installation is completely automated and intuitive, the first form aims to normalize all cities/communes in the addresses of the customers that belong to Chile, in order to obtain valid shipping costs. The module will try to normalize as many addresses as possible, the rest must be modified manually.
- It is mandatory that your products have specified dimensions and weight in the Shipping tab within the product editor, or that you use the module options to consider these custom values at the time of calculation.
- The quote system only works for addresses in Chile.
Q). Do I need credentials provided by Correos Chile to use this module?
A). No, as of right now Correos Chile does not require credentials to make use of the online quoting service.
Q). Is it necessary to load states or cities in order for the module to work?
A). No, the module already contains more than 700 cities/communes.
Q). Does it work with other currencies?
A). Yes, but your store MUST have the Chilean peso (CLP) as a currency installed.
Q). Are all prices updated?
A). Yes, all prices and costs are obtained directly from Correos Chile's online quoting service in real time.
Q). Is the module compatible with the modules Chilexpress and Starken?
A). Yes, it is completely compatible with the versions indicated below...
- Chilexpress 1.4.1 and newer.
- Starken version 1.0.1 and newer.